Speak with a Disaster Cleanup Expert

801-758-7801

Call Now!

Home

Mold Removal Utah – Remove Dangerous Black Mold

 

Toxic Black Mold Removal Utah: How Do I Remove Black Mold and Mildew

Black Mold Removal Utah – Can You Do Remediation Yourself or Need a Pro?

Toxic Black mold removal and remediation in UT is something that you have to be careful how you approach the repair because the black growth is toxic and can be dangerous if inhaled. You really do need to have good information about what black fungal growth looks like and how it forms. It only takes a short period of time to do the required testing and inspection of your premises to ensure that it is a safe place for your family. The pros do thorough testing before and after to ensure complete remediation and removal of contaminants. Be particularly aware of any allergies that someone in your household may have. This could be your first hint that you need to contact a black mold removal and water damage restoration service to achieve proper lasting repair.

Basements and bathrooms are some of the more common places for water damage. These locations require thorough black mold testing and inspection if water damage occurs because black fungus often grows in unseen, damp, and moisture prone areas which basements often typify.

Other vulnerable spots in the house most known for being damp and having a lot of water moisture include kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. If flooding occurred, the water damage is more obvious and the source of damage is usually easier to locate. The water removal and remediation process is important to start as early as possible so that the disaster repair stays manageable. We recommend contacting a black mold cleanup Utah pro who is familiar with how to handle black water cleanup and contamination handling.

Although not recommended, some homeowners may try to do black mold remediation and removal with household products. The following are some less professional ideas that are frequently considered:

Black fungus colonies can form on any surface – cement, tiles, or even the countertop if you don’t take special care to keep the surface area clean and dry. Frequent cleaning is important as well as making the effort to disrupt untouched areas of the home with some form of regular contact. Repair leaky pipes and other vulnerable water sources that may need repair. This helps reduce the chance for black spotty nesting buildup that becomes foundational to black fungal growth.

When you encounter this black fungal invader and if you choose to move forward with remediation and removal yourself keep a few simple steps that people often take in mind to begin the removal and remediation process. There are testing kits for black fungus that you can use yourself, so testing and inspection of your home is not a costly proposition. There are also excellent products on the market for black mold remediation and removal. We still advice using the pros and having them repair the damage.

The trouble here is you want to be sure to do the testing and inspecting the right way. If you allow the black spots to continue growing you may end up with a much larger problem that you otherwise would. There can also be health risks involved with allowing the black growth to continue without getting the proper service. Try not to let the damage to too far without the proper services.

Once you do the black mold testing and inspection and find that you have it growing in your home and you start the removal and remediation, verify the area is well-ventilated and that the airflow is properly contained. If the black spotted fungus nest is concentrated in a small space, you can try cleaning it with bleach and water. For more difficult jobs you will need to use a commercial black toxin removal or remediation product. You do have to dry the area completely because any excess moisture will only be a new breeding ground for the black nests to return. Wherever possible, double check that you do proper air testing. This is to obtain an accurate sample of the spore count in the air before, during, and after removal.

Testing the black spots to see if it is a dangerous black fungal invader first requires the important step of thorough inspecting to see if there is any visible black nests on the walls or floors of your basement. However, black fungus damage frequently goes unseen because it can form in cracks, small spaces, and on the backside of drywall and insulation. With proper black mold testing and inspection, you are really testing the air quality in your home because once black spores are present they will be air-borne. Simple testing using a Petri dish containing a disc will let you know within two days if you have to consider remediation. There are other tools that can be used. We recommend the commercial grade as well as commercial chemical solution to kill the black mold.

When you get ready to start black mold removal and remediation, wear a facemask and rubber gloves so that you don’t breathe in the black fungus spores and mildew or let them on your skin. Inhalation of these microscopic black spores could cause serious respiratory problems and even death.

There are removal and remediation companies with the exact equipment and training needed for black water damage repair that is designed specifically to also kill the dangerous black fungal invaders.

We recommend you first call professionals in your area at the Toxic Black Mold Utah flood emergency response line at 801-758-7801.

If you experience a health emergency you need to go to the emergency room or dial 911. If you use any chemical to treat the black growth make sure you always read the label and make sure that you follow all safety procedures for use of the product. Remediation may be something that you may have to do several times if you do it yourself in order to make sure you kill all the black spores.

Save yourself the hassle and let a pro help service your toxic black fungal growth and provide complete restoration from the water damage. If located in Utah call 801-758-7801

http://blackmoldcleanuputah.com